First Time Homebuyer Workshops
The Institution for Savings and partner Coastal Homebuyer Education, Inc. offer a First Time Homebuyer education workshop for aspiring homeowners. For people new to the home buying process, the workshop can provide useful guidance and information.
The workshop includes:
- information on obtaining a mortgage;
- how to work with realtors, homebuyer inspectors and lawyers;
- how to purchase insurance; and
- special issues for condominiums and multifamily homes.
Guest speakers are invited from the fields of banking, law, insurance, budgeting/credit and real estate.
It is often required for borrowers to complete a first time homebuyer course as a condition of obtaining a mortgage.
Special Offer! The Institution for Savings will reimburse the cost of the class and provide a credit of $500 at closing to First Time Homebuyers who successfully complete the workshop, apply and are approved for a residential mortgage, and close on their loan with the Bank.
2018 Workshop Schedule
All workshops meet from noon to 5 p.m.
- June 2 & 3 - Newburyport
- June 23 & 24 - Newburyport
- August 4 & 5 - Saugus
- August 25 & 26 - Newburyport
- September 15 & 16 - Newburyport
- September 22 & 23 - Newburyport
- September 29 & 30 - Newburyport
- October 13 & 14 - Amesbury
- October 27 & 28 - Saugus
- November 17 & 18 - Newburyport
- December 1 & 2 - Newburyport
Click HERE for more information about First Time Homebuyer Education workshops and to register for an upcoming workshop, or contact:
Ellie O’Leary, Executive Director
Coastal Homebuyer Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 661
Newburyport, MA 01950