Supporting Our Communities Through Financial Education Programs
The Credit for Life Fair is an interactive event held at high schools across Massachusetts and beyond and hosted by financial institutions and other organizations. The intent of Credit for Life is to prepare students to survive financially in the everyday world BEFORE they leave high school. Students choose professions, assume the roles of 25-year old 'professionals with paychecks' and use their monthly ‘salaries’, ‘credit cards’ and ‘savings accounts’ to purchase everything they will need to live as adults. The goal of the day: to balance their budget and not overspend. This event is organized and underwritten by the Bank.
Watch our info video here.
Participating schools this year include: Amesbury, Newburyport, Pentucket, Triton, Ipswich, Manchester-Essex, Georgetown, Hamilton-Wenham, Masconomet, Beverly, Gloucester, Swampscott and Rockport.
If you are a junior at one of these schools above, you may sign up here.
Want to learn more? Watch our video here.
Want to volunteer for our May 2023 Fair Email us.
How do high schools and non-sponsor banks/financial institutions participate in Credit for Life?
- Contact us about utilizing Credit for Life's responsive website and/or mobile app.
- Schools: If there is already a sponsoring bank in your market, we will forward your interest to that bank and they will be in touch with you.
Can other non-profits who have financial literacy initiatives participate (such as Community Action, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc.)?
Yes! Email us for more information.
- Qualifying and applying for a home mortgage
- Working with realtors, home inspectors and closing attorneys
- Purchasing homeowners insurance
- Special issues surrounding condominiums and multifamily homes
- Amy Beaton, Gloucester Housing Authority, 978-281-4770, www.ghama.com
- Ellie O'Leary, Coastal Homebuyer Education, 978-992-4106 www.CoastalHomebuyerEducation.blogspot.com